Chamomint Meadows Jelly Parfait
By Chef John Placko
Makes 2 portions
Prep time: 30 minutes + 3 hours
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 Higgins & Burke Naturals™ Chamomint Meadows tea bags
- 2 cups (500 mL) Cold water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Gelatine powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) honey or agave
- 2 cups (500 mL) Strawberries, cut into small 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) Blueberries
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) 1%, 2% or Full-fat yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) Crushed hazelnuts or granola
- Add cold water to a small pot and sprinkle gelatine onto the water and stir with a fork. Allow 5 minutes to absorb water.
- Add the tea bags with string on and bring the water to a simmer. Turn off heat and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Add honey or agave.
- Strain out the tea bags and pour liquid into a 2 cup (500 mL) container. Allow to set in the fridge for 3 hours.
- (For a quick set, pour mix into a stainless steel bowl and chill over iced water until set).
- Using a fork, break up the jelly and mix in all the berries.
- Place 1/2 the jelly/berry mix evenly into 4 parfait glasses.
- Top jelly/berry mix with 2/3 of the yogurt .
- Top the yogurt evenly with the remaining jelly/berry mix.
- Place the remaining yogurt on top of jelly/berry mix.
- Garnish the top with 1 tbsp (15 mL) crushed hazelnuts or granola.
- Serve chilled.
Note: Use raspberries or blackberries in place of strawberries.