Chocolate Banana Latte
By Chef John Placko
- 8 Higgins & Burke Naturals™ Chocolate Banana Parfait tea bags
- 2 cups (500 mL) Water
- Pinch Cinnamon, ground
- 4 cup (1 lt) Homogenized milk (3.25%) or use almond, coconut or soy milk.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Sugar
- For froth:
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Homogenized milk (3.25%) or use almond, coconut or soy milk
Makes 4 portions
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes + 10 minutes
- Add water and tea bags to a small sauce pan with string in.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the milk, cinnamon and sugar, stir and turn off the heat. Leave to steep for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze and remove the tea bags.
- Strain the tea and divide evenly into 4 cups
- Warm remaining 1/2 cup milk in a small saucepan or microwave.
- Whisk with a home frother or whisking tool.
- Place frothed milk onto tea.
- Garnish with a dusting of cocoa powder and a cinnamon stick.