Honey Lemon Salmon with Mustard Seed
By Chef John Placko
- 1 kg Salmon fillet, skin-on
- 2 bags Higgins & Burke Naturals™ Honey Lemon tea bags, contents ground into a powder (with coffee grinder or mortar and pestle)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) whole grain mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
Makes 8-10 portions
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- Combine all spices, tea and oil ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Spread evenly over the top of the salmon fillet (not the skin side).
- Heat barbecue to 350⁰F (175⁰C).
- Place skin side down on barbecue.
- Allow to cook through 15-20 minutes, until desired cook-through (do not flip).
- Serve and enjoy.
Note: Add 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped dill or parsley to the mix if desired.