1. Tea is the second most consumed drink in the world, second only to water.
2. It is presumed that tea was discovered in 2737 BC when The Chinese Emperor at the time had a leaf from a tree fall into his cup of boiling water. Higgins & Burke Naturals™ began making our premium teas in 1912. We like to think we were worth the wait.
3. When drinking Pu-erh tea, you can throw your manners out the window. This tea is meant to be slurped as it airs out the tea and allows the flavours to flourish.
4. The most expensive High Tea goes for over $8,500/couple at The Ritz Cartlon Hong Kong. And you thought that pair of shoes was a splurge!
5. The most expensive teabag in the world is worth $15,000. It was handcrafted by the jewelers at Boodles in England. It is made up of 280 diamonds and is being used to raise money for a children’s charity. Our Higgins & Burke Naturals™ tea is a bit more affordable than that, but you can be sure that every cup is full of high quality premium tea.