London Fog Latte
By Chef John Placko
- 8 Higgins & Burke Naturals™ Bergamia Grey™ tea
- 2 cups (500 mL) Water
- Pinch Ground coriander seed or coriander
- 1/4 Orange, zest only
- 4 cup (1 lt) Homogenized milk (3.25%)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Homogenized milk (3.25%)
Makes 4 portions
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes + 10 minutes
- Add water, tea bags, orange and coriander to a small sauce pan.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the milk and sugar, stir and turn off the heat. Leave to steep for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze and remove the tea bags.
- Strain the tea and divide evenly into 4 cups
- Warm remaining 1/2 cup milk in a small saucepan or microwave.
- Whisk with a home frother or whisking tool.
- Place frothed milk onto tea.
- Garnish with orange twist is desired.