Mint Green Tea Mojito
By Chef John Placko
- 2 Higgins & Burke Naturals™ Mint green tea.
- 3/4 cup (170 mL) Boiled water
- 1 tbsp (20 mL) Sugar
- 12 Mint leaves
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) Ice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Rum, white
- 1 1/3 cup (300 mL) Natural sparkling soda water
- 2 Lime slice, cut to the centre
- 2 Mint sprigs
Makes 2 glasses
Prep time: 5 minutes + 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- Steep tea bag in boiled water for 5 minutes, remove bag and squeeze to extract all the flavour.
- Add half the sugar, mint leaves and lime juice to each glass and muddle with the handle of a wooden spoon to bruise the mint and release the flavour.
- Half fill with glasses with ice. Add the rum evenly in both glasses
- Pour cool tea evenly in both glasses and then the soda water.
- Stir, garnish with lime wheel and mint sprig.