Peppermint Tea Rubbed Lamb
By Chef John Placko
- 1 x 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs) leg of lamb
- 2 bags Higgins & Burke Naturals™ Peppermint Patch tea
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh rosemary (finely cut, no stems)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp (10 mL) oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
Makes 8 portions
Prep time: 10 minutes + marinating time
Cook time: 1 hour
- Wipe with lamb leg with a paper towel until dry.
- Open the tea bags and mix the contents with all the other ingredients.
- Rub the mix all over the lamb leg and allow to marinate in fridge for 8-24 hours.
- Take lamb out of fridge 1 hour prior to cooking.
- Heat barbecue to 400⁰F (200⁰C).
- Cook lamb for 25-30 minutes per side until the internal temperature reaches 62⁰C (for medium rare).
- Slice and enjoy.
Note: Substitute rosemary for thyme or parsley.