Shrimp Rice Noodle Roll with Mango Green Tea Dipping Sauce
By Chef John Placko
- 2 Higgins & Burke™ Mango Green Tea bags
- 3/4 cup (170 mL) Boiled water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Lime juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Rice vermicelli
- 8 Round rice paper wrappers
- 4 Green Romaine lettuce leaf leaves, cut in half
- 16 Tiger Shrimps, cooked and cut in half
- 1 Carrot, cut into fine strips
- 1 Ripe Mango, cut into fine strips
- 1/2 English cucumber, skin on, cut into fine strips
- 16 Mint leaves, torn into small pieces
Makes 8 rolls
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- Steep tea bags in boiled water for 5 minutes. Remove the bags and squeeze to extract all the flavour.
- Place sugar and tea in a small pot boil (reduce) until you have 1/2 cup (125 mL).
- Remove from the heat, cool. Add lime, stir and set aside.
- Place rice vermicelli in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and allow to soften for 4-6 minutes. Drain, rinse in cold water and drain again.
- Place a round rice paper wrapper into the hot water for 5 seconds. Retrieve with a pair of tongs and place onto a plate.
- Top wrapper with a half piece of lettuce and 1/8 of each of the following: shrimp, vermicelli, carrot, mango, cucumber and mint.
- Roll up with rice paper and fold in the sides to make a log shaped roll.
- Cut in half and dip in the Mango green tea dipping sauce.
Note: Substitute shrimps for cooked and shredded chicken breast.