Stovetop Chai Latte
By Chef John Placko
- 8 Higgins & Burke Naturals™ Chai Glow tea bags
- 2 cups (500 mL) Water
- 12 Cardamon pods, crushed
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Ginger, fresh grated or chopped
- 4 cup (1 lt) Homogenized milk (3.25%)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Homogenized milk (3.25%)
Makes 4 portions
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes + 10 minutes
- Add water, cardamon, ginger and tea bags with string in to a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the milk and sugar, stir and turn off the heat. Leave to steep for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze and remove the tea bags.
- Strain the chai in a sieve and divide evenly into 4 cups.
- Warm remaining 1/2 cup milk in a small saucepan or microwave.
- Whisk with a home frother or whisking tool.
- Place frothed milk onto the chai.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.